GMUND COLORS - COLOR CAN GREEN
Gmund Colors is CO2 neutral and Cradle to Cradle Certified® Silver
as the world's first colored paper range.
Gmund wants to prove sustainability instead of just advertising colorfulness and thus offer real added value - ecologically, economically and also socially. As the world's first specialist for fine papers, we have opted for two concrete and effective long-term measures.
Gmund Colors - ecology meets color
Maximum visual impact.
Thanks to its outstanding color and quality.
Minimum ecological footprint.
Through CO2 neutrality and Cradle to Cradle Certified® Silver certification make the entire collection more sustainable than ever.
Gmund Colors is climate neutral
We only have this one earth. CO2 knows no national borders. The climate can only be improved sustainably if CO2 emissions are reduced worldwide. Investing in climate protection projects in developing countries is an important part of this
What does climate neutral mean?
Unavoidable CO2 emissions during the production of Gmund Colors are 100% compensated by climate protection projects. At the same time, we are reducing our CO2 emissions here in Gmund. That is why we rely on 100% emission-free electricity from hydropower in paper production. Up to 75% of this is produced by our own plants and the remaining demand is purchased from other certified hydropower plants in the Alpine region. In addition, depending on the workload, electrical energy from combined heat and power (steam generation) and our photovoltaic systems is also used.
Cradle to Cradle Certified® Silver
A globally recognized standard for safe and sustainable quality products manufactured for the circular economy. Healthy for the environment & successful for business. Certified for material health, recyclability, use of renewable energy, water management and compliance with social standards.
From cradle to cradle instead of from the cradle to the grave
The world can only take so much waste. Raw materials are becoming scarce. Waste is a raw material in the wrong place. With C2C, material flows become cycles, waste becomes raw material for new products.
The raw material cycle of Gmund Paper
Gmund Colors goes Green
- All pallets in Gmund are made of wood and are produced locally in Upper Bavaria.
- The wood for the paper industry grows on certified plantations.
- Eucalyptus grows fast, comes from Europe and provides the very finest fibers for Gmund Colors.
What does CO2-neutral mean?
- We measure very precisely the amount of CO2 generated during paper production.
- We work continuously to avoid and reduce CO2 emissions.
- We offset our CO2 emissions by supporting climate protection projects.
What does C2C certified mean?
- No waste is produced, but the waste of an old product becomes the "food" of a new one.
- All raw materials used in the production of Gmund Colors paper are recyclable.
- After consumption, the paper can be returned to the technical cycle, for example as a recycling raw material.
Gmund Colors System
What are the advantages of Gmund Colors paper?
- After-sale guarantee: other manufacturers simply remove their colors from the product line. Gmund gives a 10-year after-sale guarantee on the Gmund Colors Matt range. This allows our customers to plan for the long term.
- Worldwide availability: The 48 Gmund Colors colors can already be ordered in 28 countries on three continents. The network of reliable Gmund Colors retail partners continues to grow.
- Mix & Match Guarantee: Each of the 48 colors has been designed to combine with the other 47 colors in coherence. Every combination is guaranteed to look good, and of course across color groups.